Auto Glass Services
Glass Doctor of Fairfax can replace auto glass and windshields with quality original equivalent glass.
Optimum windshield replacement for your vehicle is tremendously vital to its road worthiness and occupant safety. Installing cheap replacement windshield glass is never advisable. It is dangerous for your auto, you, and all others in the vehicle. As we are all aware the windshield does more than just what its name leads us to believe - shield occupants from the wind - it also shields us from big and small concerns. Since it was already compromised from protecting you from one scare, how capable is it going to be to save you from another? Here are a handful of things to carefully consider. Understanding the answers in advance of getting your windshield replaced will make the experience much better.
- Is the new auto glass OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) quality? Do they have OEM?
- What are their qualifications? Demand the best and ask for credentials.
- Will the company deal with your insurance?
- What manner of warranty is there on the new windshield? Or is there any at all?
- Is there any guarantee on the work done? If a problem does come up, do you trust it will get resolved to your satisfaction?
Glass Doctor of Fairfax can replace windshields restore the structural integrity of the vehicle and protect the occupants.
- Glass Doctor of Fairfax offers a complete auto glass product line including windshields, side window glass, and mirrors for cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, tractors, buses and RVs.
- Glass Doctor of Fairfax backs our work with the G12® windshield replacement guarantee.
- Glass Doctor of Fairfax handles the insurance filing for you and works directly with all major insurance carriers.
- Original Equipment Manufactured (OEM) quality windshield glass is installed. Glass Doctor prefers OEM windshields because they are produced at the same factories the automakers use.
- Glass Doctor of Fairfax supports the only standards for windshield replacement in the U.S., the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS).
STEP 1 – Assessing the Damage - If the windshield has a chip it can probably be repaired using a special resin and polishing technique. If the windshield has a crack larger than the size of a dollar bill, Glass Doctor of Fairfax can replace the windshield with OEM quality glass with adhesives recommended by the manufacturer. Count on Glass Doctor of Fairfax for an expert diagnosis.
STEP 2 – Removing the Windshield - Extracting the damaged windshield seems easy, but care must be taken not to damage the pinchweld. This is the ridge around the car’s frame that holds the windshield in place. If the pinchweld is damaged the new adhesive may not seal correctly, resulting in leaks and rust corrosion on the vehicle’s frame. Glass Doctor uses the latest extraction equipment to ensure proper removal.
STEP 3 – Selecting the Correct Windshield - We know you want the job done right the first time. Glass Doctor of Fairfax offers OEM quality windshield glass because it fits correctly and restores the vehicle to its original condition. Most aftermarket windshield glass is made from a copy of a mold of an OEM windshield, not from the windshield’s original mold in the factory. So aftermarket windshields may not be to the exact dimensions or the glass may be too thin. This results in leaks, increased road noise, and possible failure of the glass in an accident. OEM quality windshield glass fits right the first time.
STEP 4 – Applying New Adhesive - An OEM quality windshield deserves OEM quality adhesive. Glass Doctor uses only quality adhesives by Dow and Sika, the same ones the vehicle manufacturers use. The proper adhesive is applied to the vehicle’s pinchweld and the edges of the windshield.
STEP 5 – Installing the New Windshield - Glass Doctor of Fairfax follows installation procedures by the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS) Council. Many Glass Doctor shops have earned the AGRSS certification, which includes following a 20-point checklist. The most important factor in a proper windshield installation is following the recommended drive-away time. The adhesive must be allowed to set, or “cure,” for a specific time before the vehicle may be safety driven. Otherwise, the windshield may move in the pinchweld and will not properly seal to the frame. If the vehicle is in a wreck the windshield could pop out, exposing the occupants to greater risk of injury. For your safety, please follow the drive-away time instructions.
STEP 6 – Reviewing the G12 Windshield Replacement Guarantee - With G12, if an OEM-quality replacement windshield that a Glass Doctor of Fairfax has installed is damaged or broken within 12 months of the replacement date, Glass Doctor of Fairfax will repair or replace the windshield glass only at no additional charge to the customer. This guarantee is redeemable one time and does not include: labor, kit, moldings or clips. Coverage is limited to normal road hazards, and other exclusions may apply. Talk with your Glass Doctor of Fairfax technician about G12, because we believe our product is how the customer feels when we are done.