Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford 80 Wyche Road , Stafford, VA 22554
Auto Glass Services
Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford can replace auto glass and windshields with quality original equivalent glass.
Reliable, solid windshield replacement for your vehicle is extremely important to your auto's road worthiness and occupant safety. Installing cheap replacement windshield glass is not a good idea. It is dangerous for your auto, you, and everyone in the vehicle. As we are all aware the windshield does more than only what its name leads us to believe - shield occupants from the wind - it also shields us from scarier concerns. If it was already broken from saving you from the first disaster, how capable can it be saving you from another?
Here are some quick few things to consider. Discovering the answers ahead of getting the repairs done will make a world of difference.
- Do they offer OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) quality? What is the quality of your new auto glass?
- Is the company, performing the work, certified to do this work?
- Will this company deal with your insurance?
- Is there a warranty on the windshield? Is that warranty in writing?
- Is there any guarantee on the work done? If an issue does come up, do you believe it will get addressed to your satisfaction?
Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford can replace windshields restore the structural integrity of the vehicle and protect the occupants.
- Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford offers a complete auto glass product line including windshields, side window glass, and mirrors for cars, trucks, vans, SUVs, tractors, buses and RVs.
- Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford backs our work with the G12® windshield replacement guarantee.
- Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford handles the insurance filing for you and works directly with all major insurance carriers.
- Original Equipment Manufactured (OEM) quality windshield glass is installed. Glass Doctor prefers OEM windshields because they are produced at the same factories the automakers use.
- Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford supports the only standards for windshield replacement in the U.S., the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS).
STEP 1 – Assessing the Damage - If the windshield has a chip it can probably be repaired using a special resin and polishing technique. If the windshield has a crack larger than the size of a dollar bill, Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford can replace the windshield with OEM quality glass with adhesives recommended by the manufacturer. Count on Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford for an expert diagnosis.
STEP 2 – Removing the Windshield - Extracting the damaged windshield seems easy, but care must be taken not to damage the pinchweld. This is the ridge around the car’s frame that holds the windshield in place. If the pinchweld is damaged the new adhesive may not seal correctly, resulting in leaks and rust corrosion on the vehicle’s frame. Glass Doctor uses the latest extraction equipment to ensure proper removal.
STEP 3 – Selecting the Correct Windshield - We know you want the job done right the first time. Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford offers OEM quality windshield glass because it fits correctly and restores the vehicle to its original condition. Most aftermarket windshield glass is made from a copy of a mold of an OEM windshield, not from the windshield’s original mold in the factory. So aftermarket windshields may not be to the exact dimensions or the glass may be too thin. This results in leaks, increased road noise, and possible failure of the glass in an accident. OEM quality windshield glass fits right the first time.
STEP 4 – Applying New Adhesive - An OEM quality windshield deserves OEM quality adhesive. Glass Doctor uses only quality adhesives by Dow and Sika, the same ones the vehicle manufacturers use. The proper adhesive is applied to the vehicle’s pinchweld and the edges of the windshield.
STEP 5 – Installing the New Windshield - Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford follows installation procedures by the Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standards (AGRSS) Council. Many Glass Doctor shops have earned the AGRSS certification, which includes following a 20-point checklist. The most important factor in a proper windshield installation is following the recommended drive-away time. The adhesive must be allowed to set, or “cure,” for a specific time before the vehicle may be safety driven. Otherwise, the windshield may move in the pinchweld and will not properly seal to the frame. If the vehicle is in a wreck the windshield could pop out, exposing the occupants to greater risk of injury. For your safety, please follow the drive-away time instructions.
STEP 6 – Reviewing the G12 Windshield Replacement Guarantee - With G12, if an OEM-quality replacement windshield that a Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford has installed is damaged or broken within 12 months of the replacement date, Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford will repair or replace the windshield glass only at no additional charge to the customer. This guarantee is redeemable one time and does not include: labor, kit, moldings or clips. Coverage is limited to normal road hazards, and other exclusions may apply. Talk with your Glass Doctor of Fredericksburg & Stafford technician about G12, because we believe our product is how the customer feels when we are done.